Pilates is a popular form of exercise that focuses on strengthening the core muscles, improving flexibility, and enhancing overall body awareness. While Pilates can be done using just a mat, adding a Pilates reformer to your home gym can take your routine to the next level.
There are many reasons why reformers are the perfect addition to your home gym.
1. Low-impact exercise
One of the main benefits of using a Pilates reformer is that it’s a low-impact exercise. The reformer provides resistance training without putting any pressure on your joints. This makes it an excellent option for people with joint pain or injuries, as well as those looking for a low-impact workout.
2. Convenient and space-efficient
Unlike other bulky workout equipment, reformers are relatively compact and can be easily stored when not in use. It’s also easy to set up and use, making it a convenient option for people with busy schedules. Our Resista Home Fitness Reformer comes with an adjustable space saving frame which makes it a space-efficient option.
3. Improved flexibility
Pilates reformers help improve flexibility. The equipment allows you to perform exercises that stretch and lengthen the muscles, which can improve overall flexibility and range of motion. Improved flexibility can also reduce the risk of injury during other activities or sports. On top of that, having a pilates reformer at home helps you to design your workout routine based on your preferences and goals. You can choose the type of workout, duration and intensity level.
4. Targeted muscle strengthening
The Pilates reformer is designed to target specific muscles, particularly those in the core, back, and legs. By using the reformers, you can perform exercises that target these muscles and build strength and endurance over time. This can lead to a large number of health benefits.
Buying a Pilates reformer for home use can be a great investment in your health and fitness. It is a great addition to your home gym, bringing versatility to your routine. Got any questions? Feel free to contact us https://resistapilates.com.au/contact-us/
How to Get Started with Pilates
Getting started with Pilates is easy and accessible, as it can be done from the comfort of your home.
Pilates: Equipment and Clothing
Pilates is simple and requires very little equipment. All you really need is a mat and comfortable clothing that allows for ease of movement. Some people choose to use props such as a Pilates ring, foam roller, or resistance band to enhance their workout.
Creating a Pilates Routine at Home
Setting up Pilates at home, there are many resources available to help you get started. Online videos, books, and DVD programs can provide a wealth of information and inspiration. You can also purchase a Pilates equipment kit to use at home. Just be sure to start slowly and progress gradually, taking time to master each exercise before moving on to the next.
Pilates Exercises to Get You Started
Here are a few basic Pilates exercises that you can try at home to get started:
- The Hundred: This exercise strengthens the abs and improves core stability.
- The Roll-Up: This exercise strengthens the abs, back, and hips and improves flexibility.
- The Single Leg Stretch: This exercise strengthens the abs and improves balance and coordination.
- The Double Leg Stretch: This exercise strengthens the abs and improves flexibility and coordination.
- The Swimming: This exercise strengthens the back and improves posture.
Tips for Making Pilates a Part of Your Routine
Here are a few tips to help you make Pilates a regular part of your routine:
- Start slowly and progress gradually.
- Focus on proper form and alignment.
- Incorporate Pilates into your existing workout routine or set aside dedicated time for your Pilates practice.
- Find a workout buddy to keep you motivated and accountable.
- Try different types of Pilates, such as mat Pilates, equipment Pilates, or reformer Pilates, to keep things interesting and challenging.